Far too many people who are injured in an accident forego taking legal action because they think that they can’t afford an attorney. But the truth is that there are affordable attorneys out there.
In fact, you may be able to protect your financial stability and your ability to obtain legal representation by considering a contingency fee arrangement.
This is an arrangement where you pay a certain percentage of your recovery to your attorney. If you don’t win your case, then you don’t pay anything.
The benefits of a contingency fee agreement
There are many benefits to a contingency fee arrangement. They include:
- Saving you money on up-front costs, thereby allowing you to access the representation that you need and deserve.
- Avoiding financial risk oftentimes associated with pursuing legal action.
- Motivating your attorney to work hard to secure a positive outcome.
- Giving you a gauge of how strong your case is since most attorneys who work on a contingency fee basis won’t take your case unless they think they can win.
- Providing you with peace of mind that your claim is going to be zealously advocated.
What about other fee arrangements?
There are other fee arrangements out there. They aren’t necessarily bad, either. You may pay an attorney a one-time fee to handle your case from start to finish, or you may pay them an hourly rate.
Either way, just make sure that you understand the fee structure in place with your representation so that you can choose the attorney who suits your needs.
Do you want to learn more about legal representation?
If you want to know more about what a legal advocate can do for you and your case, then now is the time to start researching your options.
By doing so, you may find yourself relieved knowing that you have multiple avenues that you can pursue in your personal injury case which, hopefully, will lead to the positive outcome that you deserve.